Come and Train with Us! Register Now!
Class will be capped, please sign up early! 2022 dates are posted below.
New for 2022, Due to popular request - we will be more focused on time in the water, to help you improve your swimming, as well as the usual bike and run.
This class is limited to 30 participants.
Join us over the summer for this 8 session triathlon class led by two certified triathlon coaches and open water swim coaches!
Two levels will be offered!
- Level 1 is for beginners looking to participate in their first triathlon or improve their skills and familiarize participants with the T-Rex Tri course.
- Level 2 is for participants who are comfortable in all three disciplines and looking to improve their performance. Swim workouts will include pacing and speed. Get ready for more challenging bike workouts, including bike pacing and cadence work.
This 8-session program includes workouts and educational clinics on swim, bike, run and transitions. The classes will be set up where you can choose between Level 1 and Level 2 training for each discipline (swim, bike, run). Make it YOUR workout!
Our coaching staff will help you prepare for your first tri or improve on past performances. This class will have a special focus for preparing athletes for the T-Rex Triathlon on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, but you can also join us if training for another race!
Cost: $175.00 (Plus USAT Membership fees) That’s less than $22 a class plus a T-shirt!
Location: Island Lake Recreation Area (MAP) 12950 Grand River Ave. Brighton, MI 48116
Dates: ALL TUESDAY EVENINGS! June 7, June 14, June 28, July 12, July 26, August 2, August 16, and August 23.
Time: 6:00PM until we are all done having fun (approx. 8:00pm) and ready for Taco Tuesday!
Optional training plan: Coach Maria, owner of The Mighty Grind Endurance Systems, will send you a 16-week training plan focused on the August T-Rex Tri for a discounted rate of $60. More information on Mighty Grind HERE!
Tentative Class Schedule:
- 6/7: Swim Orientation/Evaluation, Water Safety, Run Technique & Evaluations
- 6/14: Swim Breathing and Open Water Stroke, Bike
- 6/28: Swim the Course and Transitions
- 7/12: Swim Sighting and Sighting Techniques, Run
- 7/26: Swim the Course and Transitions
- 8/2: Level 1: Swim Stroke Evaluations & bike, Level 2: TBD swim focus, Bike challenge workout Taco Tuesday! Social night out with all your fellow athletes! (After workout)
- 8/16: Swim Starts & Exit, Run
- 8/23: Swim the Course, Triathlon Trivia Workout
- Participants must be 16 years or older.
- Prior experience in swimming is highly recommended.
- This does not include the registration fee for the August T-Rex Triathlon. If participants are planning on registering for the tri they will need to do so before it sells out.
- Each week will build upon the previous week. It should be the participant's intention to attend all 8 weeks.
- Class registration fee is non-refundable.
- The MI DNR Recreation Passport is required for entry into MI State Parks. (MORE INFO)
- This class is sanctioned by the USAT and membership is required for the summer. Proof of membership is required or you can add on to your registration fee.
- All participants must bring a swim flotation device for open water swims outside of the swimming area (See example for purchase HERE!)
Contact us for additional information or questions.